Nominations open for 2017 Black British Business Awards
Fourth year of celebrating the outstanding achievements of black British business leaders throughout the United Kingdom
Nominations have opened for the prestigious Black British Business Awards 2017. The launch for the 2017 awards is a call for nominations, hosted by BNP Paribas.
The 2017 awards will continue to recognise and reinforce the important contribution made by black British business professionals and entrepreneurs.
The BBBAwards, previously endorsed by Prime Minister Theresa May, is the only premium awards programme which recognises and celebrates the exceptional performance and outstanding achievements of black entrepreneurs and professionals in Britain.
This year’s ceremony will be held at The Grange St Paul’s Hotel, London, on 19th October 2017, and will recognise outstanding black business professionals and entrepreneurs in six industry categories that are split in to rising stars and leadership awards:
- Financial Services (includes Finance and Financial Services: includes banks, brokers, payment services, insurance companies, credit card funds, regulators)
- Consumer and Luxury (includes food, beverage, household goods, retail, travel and leisure, cosmetics, personal and luxury goods)
- Professional Services (includes law, accounting, management consultancy and in-house professionals)
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM, includes health, industrials, telecoms, pharmaceuticals, transport and energy)
- Arts and Media (includes all media, design, fashion, performance art, publishing and advertising)
- Entrepreneur (operating their own business or social enterprise for over 18 months as of 5 May 2017)
We can confirm the BBBAwards 2017 media partner is The Telegraph.
Melanie Eusebe, Chair and Co-Founder of the Black British Business Awards commented:
“We are delighted to celebrate the fourth year of this awards programme by highlighting exceptional black British business minds from all over the country and their contribution to UK PLC. We are delighted to watch our award winners go from strength to strength, continuing to shatter stereotypes and pave the way for those coming through the pipeline. We look forward to meeting this year‘s nominees, who we are certain will contribute to the progression of BME talent in reaching the most senior levels in our organisations and be global ambassadors for British Business.”
Vinay Kapoor, UK Head of Diversity and Inclusion at BNP Paribas said:
“For the third year running, BNP Paribas is delighted to sponsor and host the BBBA nomination reception. These awards provide a unique platform recognising the achievements of the black British business community in the UK and I’m honoured and pleased to be involved in the review process as a judge. Best of luck to all the nominees.”
Past award sponsors have included Baker & McKenzie, Barclays, Bloomberg, EY, Microsoft, and Thomson Reuters.
The judging panel is chaired by Sophie Chandauka, Executive Director and Chief Administrative Officer of Morgan Stanley’s Legal and Compliance Division in EMEA.
Past judges have included;
- Tunji Akintokun, Director, Cisco
- Jo Barnett, Director of Social Enterprise and Virgin Money Giving, Virgin Money
- Karen Blackett OBE, Chairwoman, MediaCom
- Vanessa Kingori, Publisher of GQ Magazine Portfolio, Condѐ Nast UK
- David C. Peters, Advisory Board Director, Board Intelligence Ltd
- Tim Campbell MBE, Head of Client Services, Alexander Mann
- Robert Friend, Global Head of FICC and Foundational Applications, Bloomberg
- Donna Herdsman, Director, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Oba Nsugbe, Head of Chambers, Pump Court Chambers
- Dr Sandie Okoro, Global General Counsel, HSBC Global Asset Management, HSBC
- Daniel Taylor, Managing Director, Metro Design Consultants
- Kenneth Tharp, Chief Executive, The Place
Nominations can be submitted here www.thebbbawards.com/nominate/
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday 2nd May 2017.
For further information visit www.thebbbawards.com
Notes to editors:
For further information please contact Gertie Lowe via email email@example.com or telephone 0207 932 1599.
Previous winners of the Black British Business Person of the year include:
2016: Chi Chi Nwanoku MBE, FRAM, Founder of The Chineke! Foundation
2015: Gary Elden, Chief Executive of SThree
2014: Margaret Casely-Hayford, Chairman, Action Aid UK
*This information is accurate as of 2 May 2017